For Returning Players

Started by Burridge, Nov 21, 2020, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have written up this thread to try and explain some things for returning players.

Why? Again?

Originally my plan was to NOT bring RP back at all. The last iteration of the gamemode closed around April 2017, and I was still very much feeling burned on it as much as I also loved the times we had with it over the years. TDM was brought back in March 2020 during the first lockdown here in the UK (and across most of the world). It has steadily improved as a gamemode but it would seem that a lot of the returning players were more interested in RP. At first I did not budge on my opinion and reluctance to bother with RP.

Eventually, I decided I would give it a go, starting as fresh as possible. That is what you will see when you join for the first time. It is a barebones version of ZORP. The idea is to build it up with community support. While I call it bare bones, it does have everything that is needed for the base experience of the gamemode.

Where are S.T.A.R.S. and Umbrella?

They are not in this gamemode, and will not be making a return. For this iteration we have decided to remove them from the gamemode in the search for some fresh ideas for factions. We don't just want the "evil pharmaceutical company" and the "law and order" factions this time. Something new and more player lead would be better in my opinion. We are still working out the best way to introduce factions. For now it may be in the style of the "Unofficial Factions" board system like we used years ago and maybe hand select one or two factions to be made "official" OR we may go down the dynamic faction route. This really depends on the amount of players we gain and the value in time spent building up a dynamic faction system vs coding in one or two factions.

I was banned before, am I banned now?

In short, no.

Keeping track of old bans, and their reasons would be pointless. Let's start fresh. This doesn't mean we'll tolerate nonsense though.